FAQ Banner

Your Questions are valid… We Have your Answers 24/7!


Direct Phone Line Customer Support – Available 7 Days a Week:
Toll-Free: 833-NEW-PASSPORT (833-639-7277)
Online Status Check – Order Status, FedEx Tracking Info, Receipts and More

Online Chat – Quick Answers, Phone (M-F from 8am to 8:00pm eastern time and on Saturdays and
Sunday from 10:00am to 6:00pm eastern time)

Email Support – Please See Form Below (available during normal business hours M-F from 8am to 8:00pm eastern time and on Saturdays and Sunday from 10:00am to 6:00pm eastern time)

Frequently Asked Questions

A passport is a government issued document given by the national government where the citizen resides. A passport certifies the identity and citizenship of the holder to allow for international traveling. It serves on the behalf of the issuing nation’s government officials to the foreign government(s) to permit travel, lawful support and protection, to passport holder, while in foreign territory.

To start your passport application, you may download the official passport forms on this website or you can also pick them up at public offices. Some public offices that will have these available include post offices, courthouses and municipal offices where passport applications are accepted. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/forms.html

You can obtain a U.S passport through:

  1. Online passport expediting agencies that submit and speed up the application process on your behalf.
  2. Acceptance agencies like courthouses, municipal offices and post offices.

For passport renewal, submission of the following is to be done: DS-82; a U.S Passport Renewal Application https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/forms.html
Two current identical photos, An Adult passport (10 Year Validity), that expired less than 5 years ago, Order form for renewal of passport, Authorization Letter, Proof of travel; a photocopy of a plane ticket or copy of hotel reservation, Fees of $170 to be paid to the “US Department of State”.

Government Passport Fees

  1. You must include a check or money order made out to the U.S. Department of State. How much is an adult passport? $110 payable to the US Dept. of State. Personal Check or Money Order only. No starter checks, temporary checks, or checks that aren’t filled out completely. How much is a child passport? $80.00 payable to the US Dept. of State. Personal Check or Money Order only. No starter checks, temporary checks, or checks that aren’t filled out completely.
  2. However, in order to obtain an expedited passport, you must pay $60 over and above the normal passport fee. This is a non-negotiable “expedited” up-charge levied by the US Dept. of State.
  3. Are the Passport Expedite Services fees included with the government fees? No. Our fees are separate and in addition to any governmental fees.
  4. Do I include the Passport Acceptance Agent fee of $35 with my passport fee in one check/money order? No. You pay this fee separately to the Passport Acceptance Agent. This payment traditionally is made in cash when you make the personal appearance and take an oath that the application is completed truthfully. This fee is required for all applications except for renewals or extra visa page applications.

Under 16 years old the applicant must have the consent of both parents/guardians. The applicant and *both parents or guardians must be present when applying. All three required parties must be able to show identification such as a birth certificate or driver’s license etc. Additionally, the parents or guardians must be able to present proof of their relationship to the child and must be able to present the applicants social security number (the actual social security card is preferred). *If a parent/guardian has sole custody of the applicant, the proof of sole custody must be shown. If the second parent or guardian is unable to attend the application session the other parent/guardian must bring a signed and notarized DS-3053 consent form for the other parent or guardian. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/forms.html

Passport Expedite specializes in passport and visa services. We have helped person after person with this exact situation and can guide you through the process. Call us at 833-NEW-PASSPORT (833-639-7277) for immediate help from one of our Passport Consultants or submit a lost passport application by clicking above for a lost passport. Either way Passport Expedite Services is here to help.

You can find the instructions for every type of passport or visa on the product page. Just below the product photo is a PDF link where you can print out the detailed instructions. We will also email you the detailed instructions immediately after you submit your order.

Yes, your old US passport will be returned unless it is deemed to be damaged by the United States Department of State. The passport will clearly indicate that it is invalid and it is important that you advise whether any valid visas remain in the passport before applying for it to be renewed.

If either or both of your parents is/was a U.S. citizen when you were born abroad, either or both of your parent(s) should/should have registered your birth at a U.S. embassy or consulate, and, obtain/received a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, Form FS-240. This form is good enough to be a legal proof of birth and U.S. citizenship.

If there is no written record of birth on files even though you were born in the U.S, a letter from the Vital Statistics office of the state of your birth with your name and what years were searched for your birth record, is what you will need. Apart from this, early public records that prove your birth in the U.S. will also be required. If your birth was outside of U.S and your U.S citizen parent(s) did not document your birth at the U.S Embassy or Consulate, the following will be required:

  1. Your foreign birth certificate which has your parents’ names in it
  2. Evidence of your parent(s) U.S. citizenship.
  3. Parents’ marriage certificate for applying for a U.S passport

Certified Birth Certificate

Yes! You need a certified birth certificate, original naturalization certificate or recently expired passport. One of these documents is required in order to apply for a U.S. Passport. What is a certified birth certificate? A certified birth certificate has a registrar raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar’s signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar’s office, which must be within 1 year of your birth. Please note that some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes. You can obtain a new certificate by contacting the state Dept. of Vital Records/Health Services or the county of your birth. What do you mean by “long-form” birth certificate? This birth certificate contains all relevant birth information including:

  1. Mother’s name and age at time of birth
  2. Father’s name and age at time of birth
  3. Filing date and number
  4. Hospital of birth (perhaps).

If any of this information is missing, you probably do not have a valid birth certificate.

Absolutely NOT! Will I get my birth certificate back? Yes! It will be sent to you with your new passport. If you refuse to send your original birth certificate. Then you don’t get a passport.
Are hospital-issued birth certificates acceptable? No! You must obtain a certified birth certificate from the county/state of birth.

In the event of your child being too young to sign his/her passport, you as a parent (mother/father) should print your child’s name and sign your own name in the space provided for signature. Write the word (mother/father) in parenthesis by the parent’s name, so that the authorities will know who signed it.

As parent(s) who are U.S citizens, the birth of your child is to be reported as quickly as possible to your nearest U.S. embassy or consulate. The U.S. embassy or consulate will then prepare and give the parent(s), the Consular Report of Birth of a Citizen of the United States of America also known as Form FS-240. The Form FS-240 is a basic United States citizenship document. But if the parent(s) bring the baby back to the U.S without obtaining this document or if the applicant is18 years of age or older at the time the application is made, remember, this document will neither be prepared nor given in the U.S.

Passport Expedite submits and picks up your passport from a State Department office that often has the passport completed in less than 24 hours. The best way to check your passport application’s status is to login to our website using your username and password. You can also give us a call at 833-NEW-PASSPORT (833-639-7277) to get a status update.

To renew a passport, you must start by completing form DS-82 online.
You need to print your online application when you are finished. Sign page 1 of this form. Use a padded envelope to package the application with your passport, current fees, and two passport photos. If your current name differs from the one in the passport, also include either a marriage certificate or court order documenting the name change.

Passports must have enough blank pages to accommodate entry and exit immigration stamps for each country of travel. At least one visa page in your passport is required for each visa. Most travel visas that are stamped into your passport require an entire blank visa page. A ‘blank’ visa page must be clean, clear, and not show ink or stains from any other pages in the passport.

The U.S. government wants to see proof of travel for expedited passport to show that you are leaving the country within the next few weeks they are more than willing to process your passport application very quickly as long as you have a real travel situation that warrants it being done quickly. The three types of “Proof of Travel” are the following:

  • The U.S. government wants to see proof of travel for expedited passport to show that you are leaving the country within the next few weeks they are more than willing to process your passport application very quickly as long as you have a real travel situation that warrants it being done quickly. The three types of “Proof of Travel” are the following:
  • For driving across the border, you must have a hotel confirmation from the Canadian or Mexican hotel with your name as guest. For ocean cruising you must have cruise confirmation with your name as passenger.
  • Company Letter of Expedite – this letter is to be typed on company letterhead and is intended for business travelers that have not yet booked their air ticket, but now that they will be departing the country on a specific day.

If your US passport was issued when you were 16 years old or older, your passport is valid for 10 years. If your US passport was issued when you were 15 years old or younger, your passport is valid for 5 years.

Passport Acceptance Agents.

These are offices designated by the Dept. of State Passport Service to accept and pre-process your passport application. They basically serve to verify your identity in order combat the issuance of fraudulent passports. According to Federal Regulation, if you are applying for a new/lost/replacement passport, you must visit an Acceptance Agent to properly process your DS-11 application. How do I make sure they are doing their job correctly? The Post Office or County Clerk Acceptance Agent must include your certified copy/original document proving your USA citizenship. This original must be included, NOT A PHOTOCOPY.

You pay the $35.00 directly to the agent once they have confirmed your identity and sealed your security envelope.

Absolutely! We are here 7 days a week to answer your questions and to assist you. Every question is important and we understand that you need a comfort level when it comes to your travel requirements.

Passport Photos

The US Government processes more than 13 Million passport applications every year. That is no less than 50,000 passports every single day that the passport agency is open. While there are no statistics released for the number of suspended or denied passport applications, we do know that in 2015 the passport agency said that there were more than 200,000 application suspensions for issues related to improper passport photos; unfortunately, this resulted in passport issuance delays and missed trips.

Here are the common problems:

  1. Pictures are too dark, murky or hazy
  2. Not on a white or light-colored background
  3. You are wearing that really cool cap/hat/lid/chapeau/hooded sweatshirt/headband. Unless you are wearing a head covering for religious reasons your head must be bare

Child Passport Photos:

If you have small children (under the age of 3), it can be difficult to get the child to look straight into the camera with their eyes open. We suggest going to get the photos in advance at a place like Walgreens, CVS, Costco, or FedEx Office Print & Ship Center. Once there, if the child is very young, it often works to lay the child on the floor on top of the colored background, then have the child look up at something when the photo is taken.

  1. The child’s eyes must be open and facing the camera.
  2. No part of your body must be visible in the photo.
  3. The child cannot be shown crying. Make your photos 2″ x 2″ and they must be printed on photo paper. These photos must be color.

The non-appearing parent must fill out FORM DS-3053. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/forms.html. That form DS-3053 must be filled out and notarized by the non-present parent. The non-appearing parent must also provide a copy of their current government-issued photo ID.

You must type out a statement relating this situation to the Passport Agency. You must provide the following information:

  1. Last known contact with the non-appearing parent.
  2. Last known address of the non-appearing parent.
  3. Birthplace and birthdate of the non-appearing parent (if you do not know, estimate to the best of your knowledge).
  4. Explanation of attempts to reach said non-appearing parent.
  5. A sentence (or two) explaining why you are taking the child out of the country.
  6. Your contact information.

Yes. No exceptions unless you have the ORIGINAL, notarized DS-3053 (Statement of Parental Consent) to accompany the child’s application. If my child is 14 or 15, do both parents need to take the child to the Passport Acceptance Agent? Yes, both parents still need to accompany the child What’s the deal about parental ID? If the child is under 16, both parents must include a photocopy of their government-issued ID with the passport application.

No. This child is now considered an adult by the Passport Agency and can sign their own application. One needs to be present and parent’s ID photocopy is still required.

Back Child Support

No! It will DENY your issuance of a passport. No exceptions.
Who do I contact to clear my child support arrears? Contact your State Dept. of Children and Family Services.

Passport Naturalization Certificates

Yes! And congratulations on obtaining your US Citizenship. You must send the original “green” form along with your passport application materials in order to obtain a US Passport. This form will be returned to you with your new passport. I lost my Naturalization Certificate. What do I do? Copy/Paste the following link: www.uscis.gov to find out how to obtain a replacement certificate. Search for document N-565.

US Citizens Born Overseas

You will need to provide your:

  1. Original Consular Report of Birth Abroad.
  2. Foreign Birth Certificate, translated into English by authorized authority. OK, I don’t have a Consular Report. Now what? If you were born abroad AND do not have a Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certificate of Birth on file, you will need: If you claim citizenship through birth abroad to one U.S. citizen parent:
  • Foreign birth certificate
  • Proof of citizenship of your U.S. citizen parent, AND
  • An affidavit of your U.S. citizen parent showing all periods and places of residence or physical presence in the United States and abroad before your birth.

If you claim citizenship through birth abroad to two U.S. citizen parents:

  • Your foreign birth certificate
  • Parent’s marriage certificate
  • Proof of citizenship of your U.S parents and an affidavit of your U.S. citizen parents showing all periods and places of residence of physical presence in the United States and abroad before your birth

I am currently on probation. Your passport application will be denied. I currently owe child support. Your passport application will be denied. I’m wanted for arrest. Your passport application will be denied. I am currently in prison. Your passport application will be denied. I have served time in prison/on probation. Will this deny my passport application? Not necessarily. As long as you have completed your sentence and “paid your debt to society”, you will generally be issued a passport. I have been summoned to appear in court in response to charges. Your passport application will be denied.

Fax: 833-OK-fax-it (833-653-2948)

Translate »